What are you searching for?

How do I extend my current license on the student portal?

During the period you are involved in a design-oriented study program as a student or a teacher, you can use the free Vectorworks student license. Such a license is valid for 12 months. You will be notified 30 days before your license expires. Simply request an extension within or after these 30 days the student portal of Vectorworks.

  1. Go to student.myvectorworks.net.
  2. Go to the tab ‘Licenses’.
  3. Click ‘Request Renewal’ located on the left below your serial number.
  4. Fill in your correct information and click the ‘Verify Status’ button.
  5. The student portal will process your application immediately.


In exceptional situations, approval for your application will not be automatic. Here you will be notified after step six with the request to continue with the verification process. In the new pop-up window, add a correct proof of enrollment.

Again, SheerID will review and approve the application as soon as possible.

Request denied

Sometimes SheerID cannot verify you with the submitted information. Please verify that your information is correct, but if you are still experiencing problems, contact the SheerID support team using the link provided in your rejection email. If you believe that an error has been made after completing the process with SheerID, you can fill out an application form here.


The standard suggested download is always the latest version of Vectorworks. If your school uses an older version, consult your teacher on which version you need. Then go to the licensing page on the student portal and click “Request Previous versions”.

Need help? As a student or teacher you get free online support.

Relevant articles

Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask us ↗